The itinerary we suggest starts from Via Gramsci up to Corso Garibaldi, along downtown of Giulianova Alta.
- On the ss 16 that leads from Giulianova to Teramo, after the traffic lights, turn right for Giulianova alta, on the left you can admire the archaeological remains of an ancient Roman villa.
- Continuing along Via Gramsci until you reach the hospital, on the left we find the Piccola Opera Caritas where it is possible to visit the G. Trevisan exhibition hall.
- At the end of Via Gramsci you arrive at Piazza della Libertà, near the downtown, here you can enjoy the panoramic view from the high Giulianova belvedere, admire the monument to Vittorio Emanuele II and Casa Cermignani, visit the de’ Bartolomei Chapel and the room containing the plaster casts of the sculptor R. Pagliaccetti.
- Continuing along Corso Garibaldi, on the right we meet the library and the “V. Bindi” art gallery.
- After the Town Hall building, on the left we find the birthplace of the Julian musician Gaetano Braga.
- When you reach the traffic light you can choose whether to turn left to visit the ancient tower “Il Bianco”, where the archaeological museum is located, or continue along the Viale dello Splendore and reach the Villa ex-De Santis and the Villa Montano in Liberty style.
The second itinerary that we suggest starts from the church of San Pietro e Paolo to the church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary.
- Starting from the seafront at the Caprice bathhouse, go all the way down Via Gasbarrini until you take Viale Orsini on the left, after 200 meters, on the right you can admire the recently built church of S. Pietro e Paolo.
- Go along Viale Orsini, all of Via Trieste until you reach Via di Vittorio, on the left you can visit the church of the Annunziata, also recently built.
- Continue along Via di Vittorio until you take Via Simoncini on the right, following it all the way and then turning left into Via dell’Annunziata, on the flyover on the right is the church of Santa Maria a Mare, the oldest in Giulianova, which has been restored several times.
- After the traffic light, turn right for Giulianova alta and take Via Gramsci, before the hospital on the right you can visit the convent of the Benedictine order, continue to Piazza della Libertà where the church of Sant’Antonio is located on the right, rich in baroque ornaments and stucco bas-reliefs.
- From Piazza della Libertà continuing along Corso Garibaldi, before arriving at the Town Hall, on the right is the cathedral of San Flaviano originally called S. Maria in Platea, the first example of an octagonal-based church conceived on the Abruzzo coast. Nearby, the church of Misericordia overlooks Piazza Dante and further on, at the intersection of Via della Rocca and Via Cavour, stands the Renaissance church of S. Anna with a baroque altar.
- At the end of Corso Garibaldi, continue along Viale dello Splendore until you reach the Sanctuary of Maria SS dello Splendore built following a miraculous apparition of the Madonna. Particularly suggestive is the Monumental Via Crucis with bronze groups made by the sculptor Ubaldo Ferretti.
- Going back along the Viale dello Splendore, at the traffic light turn left into Via Montello, upon reaching the SS 16 turn right, at the crossroads with Via Thaon de Revel on the left we find the beautiful church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary.